The U.S. Department of Labor's Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) provides national leadership on disability employment policy by developing and influencing the use of evidence-based disability employment policies and practices, building collaborative partnerships, and delivering authoritative and credible data on employment of people with disabilities. The following are programs and activites of ODEP:
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN) - The Job Accommodation Network is a service provided by ODEP. JAN represents the most comprehensive resource for job accommodations and information on the employment provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Business $ense - A small business newsletter published by ODEP.
- Disability Mentoring Day - Students with disabilities (mentees) are matched with workplace mentors according to expressed career interests. Mentees experience a typical day on the job and learn how to prepare to enter the world of work. Employers gain an increased awareness that people with disabilities represent an overlooked talent pool. Disability Mentoring Day is a program of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD).
- Emergency Preparedness and People with Disabilities - ODEP and other resources related to inclusive emergency preparedness.
- Employer Assistance & Resource Network (EARN) - EARN is an initiative funded by ODEP that provides employers with free consulting services and resources to support the recruitment and hiring of people with disabilities.
- High School/ High Tech - An initiative of ODEP, the High School/High Tech Program (HS/HT) provides opportunities for students with all types of disabilities to explore exciting careers in science, mathematics, and technology.
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability (NCWD) - The National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability for Youth (NCWD/Youth) assists state and local workforce development systems to better serve all youth, including youth with disabilities and other vulnerable youth. CWD/Youth offers a range of technical assistance services to state and local workforce investment boards, youth councils and other workforce development system youth programs.
- ODEP Alliance - The ODEP Alliance Initiative is a cooperative program that enables organizations committed to improving disability workplace practices to work with ODEP to develop and implement model policies, initiatives, and strategies that increase recruiting, hiring, advancing, and retaining workers with disabilities.
- Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) - Coordinated by the ODEP and the U.S. Department of Defense, the WRP is a recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers with highly motivated postsecondary students with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs.